Show #51 - Ricardo "Mad Dog" Moreira
January 31, 2008
Ricardo "Mad Dog" Moreira: Don't mess with this vegan!
Our 51st show features vegan athlete and Ultimate Fighting contender Ricardo "Mad Dog" Moreira. Ricardo talks about his path to veganism and how such a seemingly violent sport can jibe with a compassionate vegan ethic. We find how Ricardo gets his protein, how he trains by moving furniture, and why he fights in a cage. In the news we have stories about people contracting neurological diseases from animals, how African refugees are effecting the bush meat trade, and chimps being denied personhood in Austria. We also discuss how to deal with argumentative meat-eaters.
- Photos from Vegan Radio's 50th Episode
- Earthlings (documentary)
- Berkshire Mink Farm Release
- Ricardo "Mad Dog" Moreira
- Ricardo Moriera on Myspace
- Vega Meal Replacement Mix
- Ultimate Meal Shake Mix
- Mac Danzig
- Vegan Bodybuilding
- Stallone on Steroids
- In Defense of Animals
- Atlanta Hawks Guard Salim Stoudamire (Vegan NBA Athlete)
- The 247 lb. Vegan (Pro vegan athletes in the Wall Street Journal)
Support Vegan Radio
Vegan Radio is a labor of love, depending entirely on listener donations. Thank you for helping to keep us on the air!